In the beginning, He was already present. He existed before anything and everything else. He is the Alpha, the creator of all you and me.
The book of Gen 1:27 Records- God created human beings; he created them godlike, Reflecting God’s nature. He created them male and female. (MSG)
And so you and me are in existence by God The Creator, The Alpha.
Gen.1.28 – God blessed them: “Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge! Be responsible for fish in the sea and birds in the air, for every living thing that moves on the face of Earth.” MSG.
He placed as here on earth, for a purpose and with an assignment.
In his words Mike Murdock says, creativity is the search of solutions. Note that God created human beings after creating every other thing and this was because these things could not continue existing by themselves. They needed care, use and continuity. So you are a solution to God and His creation.
Read these powerful words: “Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations,” (Jeremiah 1:45).
You were created for a specific and very special purpose…to solve a specific problem on earth. Mike Murdock and I call this, The Assignment.
Now back to my topic, Why God First? He’s your creator, He’s the one who placed you here on Earth. The one who brought life to you, the one who knows you best. The one who has placed all the benefits on you: beauty, wisdom, knowledge, Power name them. He is the owner of all the blessings you possess and boast about.
Truth be told it all belongs to Him because it all began with Him. But what can you and me do in order to give back to the creator? Because to be honest we can’t pay back enough. We must honor Him, but how by making him The First in everything we do.
Putting God first is realizing it’s all about Him. Everything in your life is to be directed to Him.
Your every breath is to go back to Him. Your every thought is to be for Him. Everything is about Him. Take a look at this verse. It says do all things for His glory. Every single last thing in your life. Is every one of your thoughts for His glory? Is every time you watch TV for His glory?
How about when you walk, give, talk, sneeze, read, sleep, exercise, laugh, and shop? Sometimes we read the verse and we don’t truly see how important the verse is. It doesn’t say do some things for His glory, it says do everything. Is everything in your life for His glory?
1 Corinthians 10:31 “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God .”
Proverbs 3:6 Living Bible (TLB)
In everything you do, put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.
When you put God first you know that you are nothing and the Lord is everything. You didn’t choose Him. He chose you. It’s all because of Christ!
John 15:5 “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing .”
1John 15:16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.”
But how do I do this?
1. Learn to listen to God. Putting God first is doing what He wants you to do over what you want to do even if it seems like our way is right. Sometimes what God wants us to do might be hard for us, but we must listen.
Listen to what God wants you to do and usually He confirms this by His Word, the Holy Spirit, and by 1 or more people coming to you.
John 10:27 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”
Part of putting God first is repenting daily. Bring your sins to Him instead of trying to hide it. Remove things in your life that you know He is not pleased with such as bad music, bad movies, bad(ungodly) company etc.
1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
2. Live in eternity. I have to constantly ask God throughout the day to help me set my mind on Him because there are so many distractions in this world . There are so many things that seek to slow us down in this life today. Live with an eternal perspective knowing that everything will burn soon, because minus Jesus all is vanity.
In 100 years it’s all going to be gone. If you see the glory that awaits believers in Heaven you would change your whole lifestyle. Use your time wisely. Readjust your mind, prayer life, devotion life, giving, helping, set your priorities right, etc. Allow God to be the center of every decision that you make.
3. Serve God. Use the gifts that God has given you to advance His kingdom and glorify His name. Seek to glorify Him in all that you do. Pray for more passion and love for Him. Start getting to know Jesus more in prayer . Pray for a greater understanding of the gospel and trust the Lord in all situations. Allow God to be your joy.
Proverbs 3:6 “In everything you do, put God first , and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.”
Colossians 3:2 “Set your minds on things above , not on earthly things.”
Hebrews 12:2 “fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith . For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Below are interesting Quotes on putting God first.
1. “If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God first, it will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead.” William Law
2. “Put God first and you’ll never be last.”
3. “The secret of a happy life is giving God the first part of your day, the first priority to every decision, and the first place in your heart.”
4. “As God is exalted to the right place in our lives, a thousand problems are solved all at once.” – A.W. Tozer
5. “When you seek God first in your daily pursuits, He promises to add unto you those things which you were pursuing (as long as they are in His will).”
6. “Placing Him first in your life should be your daily goal, the main pursuit in the midst of all your other pursuits.” Paul Chappell